Ten new apps in the Prowise Store, eleven new languages and the possibility to make your own apps with the safe Prowise browser. In short, Prowise Central 2.2 is full of wonderful new features. Install the OTA (over the air) update entirely free and your screen has a huge number of extra benefits!
Make your own apps via the Prowise browser
Our brand-new Prowise browser is easy to use, completely safe and super fast. As it is specially made for our touchscreens, enjoy an optimal user experience if you, for example, are playing videos. The browser ensures that you can use the touchscreen as a real app generator.
Do you open the BBC news website daily from your browser? Do you surf to Tes.com every day? Or do you use other websites several times per school day? With the Prowise app generator you can turn any website into an app. This app can of course be added to your favourites bar in Prowise Central so you can quickly access them.
Make your own app in three easy steps
- Open your favourite website via the Prowise browser
- Click on the ‘weblink’ button and the website is added to ‘My apps’ as an app
- Open the app
Ten new apps in the Prowise Store
Following the update to Prowise Central 2.2, you have access to ten new apps in our own app store, the Prowise Store.
- Trello – Google Earth – Spotify (also usable as a widget) – VLC Player – Deezer Radio – BBC – CNN – Acrobat Viewer – Google Translate – Skype (only on Prowise Touchscreen).
You have unique conference possibilities at your disposal with the Microsoft Skype app. Especially when combining the Prowise MOVE camera (included free of charge with the Prowise Touchscreen) with the integrated 2.1 Dolby Audio soundbar and the four wide-area microphones. These audio and video components are fully integrated with the screen and are easy to use. The Prowise Touchscreen is therefore the complete conference solution, without awkward cables or expensive add-ons.
Three new features in one button
The button in the front centre of your screen does more than simply enable you to switch the touchscreen on and off. If you press the on/off button for three seconds, a menu appears that can mute, freeze or fully darken your screen. As soon as you tap the touchscreen again, you can use it as you normally do.
Beware: the functionalities can differ per touchscreen. Click here to learn about the latest functionalities that are available for your screen version.
Eleven new languages
Our touchscreens are not only popular in the Netherlands, Germany and the United Kingdom. There is demand for our products from around the world and that’s why we have added eleven new languages to Prowise Central. These are the languages added:
- Finnish – Hungarian – Rumanian – Portuguese – Polish – Latvian – Lithuanian – Estonian – Czech – Slovenian – Welsh.
Moreover, Norwegian and Swedish symbols have also been added to the keyboard.
What else has been improved?
- The clock-widget has been redesigned and can now be set according to time zone. For example, you can display the time in Amsterdam and New York at the same time.
The Reflect-widget has been renovated and the various streaming protocols (Reflect, Airplay, Miracast and Chromecast) can now be switched on or off via the interface.
- Your user experience is even faster and more natural in ProNote 2.
- All apps have a handy [Back] button on the right.