- Click on the Windows Start button .
- Click on ‘Settings’ .
- Go to ‘Devices’.
- Click on the submenu ‘Printers & scanners’.
- Click on the ‘+’ icon. ‘ Add a printer or scanner’. Your Notebook will now search for available wireless printers automatically.
Select the desired printer and select ‘Add device’.
- If the printer you want to use is not shown in the list, click on ‘The printer that I want isn’t listed’. You can now search for the printer using other options to expand your search criteria.
- The printer will now be installed on your Notebook. The status bar that appears shows the progress of the installation.
Adding a printer with USB connection
If you want to connect a printer to your Notebook with a cable, you only have to connect the printer to the USB port on your Notebook. In this case, the printer is automatically connected to your Notebook and the correct software is downloaded automatically.