First check that the external device is not defective. Test this by connecting it to a different device. If it does work properly with the other device, you can try the following:
- Click on the Windows Start button .
- Click on ‘Settings’ .
- Go to ‘Devices’ and click on ‘Connected devices’. You will then see a list of devices.
- Click on the disk drives in the list of hardware.
- Right click on the external device with the problem and choose ‘Remove device’.
- Once this drive is removed, disconnect the external device.
- Wait for a minute and reconnect the device. The driver will then load automatically.
- Check that the device is found.
If the device is still not found, please contact Prowise or a certified Prowise partner.
*Important! If your Notebook locates an external storage device but no documents are found, the files on your storage device are probably not compatible with the programs that are installed on your Notebook. You will need to install the corresponding program on your Notebook.